Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Don't worry my kids survived the day.. and so did I

Today was a pretty adventurous day, as most days are in my household. My 2 yr old walks into my bedroom super excited and exclaims "Go to the waterslide now!" (I told her yesterday that it would finally be warm enough, 70's if we were lucky, to go to the waterslide which she has been begging to go to for weeks.) I tried to explain that it was 8 in the morning and we had to wait until after naps when it was warmer to go. She was sad but agreed. Don't worry, she continued to ask frequently throughout our day when we would be going. She also told me that she was wet. I went in to her room and her sheets were soaking wet. Nothing like the 1st load of laundry at 8am. Then I was feeding my baby rice cereal when my 2 yr old summoned me to the bathroom to help her. (she is kinda potty trained but wears diapers, I know complicated. For another post later.) I left the baby for only a moment and upon my return found the oatmeal EVERYWHERE. "Ugh," I thought, "Another mess." It's only 8:20 by now, I know absurd! Don't you worry though I did take a picture before cleaning it up, in fact it still isn't totally cleaned up. Ya, it's 10:30 pm and I haven't cleaned up morning breakfast messes, some days are like that don'tcha know? So anyways I strip her down and get her cleaned up and proceed with my day. For some reason my 2 yr old is soo whiney lately. I know, can you imagine a 2 yr old whining? Crazy! Anyways she was driving me nuts all day but we eventually made it to the waterpark We get there and they search our stuff better than the freakin airport searches. They seriously chucked the water out of my babies bottle and made me refill it inside. They also made me shake out every towel to see if I was hiding an extra granola bar. Wow, really? Anyways, I stayed with the baby and my husband took the other one around to play. He comes back about 20 minutes later and tells me, "So I looked down, and there she was just floating face down in the water." Uhh, what? "Ya, she was standing and all of the sudden she was floating." Not good people, NOT GOOD! So don't worry she is totally fine and we learned a very important lesson. Watch your kids at all times. She had been standing and my husband looked away for 2 seconds and she feel over. Scary to say the least and we are most certainly getting a lifejacket! Oh and then this evening we were throwing away some branches from a crazy tree in our backyard and apparently my baby ate one because about 10 minutes later she starts gagging and throws up a leaf. It was scary because she struggled for just a minute and I had no idea she had eaten anything weird, let alone a leaf. So don't worry my kids are healthy and safely tucked into bed. This post definitely makes me look like a retarded and unaware mom but hey some days are crazier than others. Hopefully this post will remind you that you are not the only crazy one out there. I am definitely at the top of the list. Lessons we learned today: 1. don't give your child lots of liquids before bed 2. don't leave your baby within reach of ANY edible substance (cereal or leaves) 3. use a lifejacket 4. know that parents make mistakes and all we can do is learn from them!
- Sorry I can't post the picture of the mess, use your imagination, I'm sure you have seen a similar mess in your days.

Amy
 

No comments: