Saturday, June 4, 2011

Kitchen Tip

 So a while back my friend taught me about a genius kitchen tip that I love and now use. It is easy and saves time and money, now that is what I'm talking about! I know, I am killing you with anticipation so... here we go. We all hate chopping onions, at least I do and so this is a great trick. Buy your onion, chop up the whole dang thing, and freeze it. Yup, that's it. You now have chopped onion at all times and you don't have to cry every time you only need 1 Tbls per recipe. You also don't let a single piece of onion go to waste, which it's all about frugality in my book. So go buy yourself an onion, chop the entire thing up, shed a tear or two, freeze it in a ziplock, and have chopped onion whenever you need. Hope it works for you because I know it is a kitchen tip that I totally love!

 Amy

1 comment:

shane smith said...

How come I didn't figure that one out years ago? Now I have a whole chopped onion in the freezer ready to go!!