Friday, May 20, 2011

Sleep Training

So after a week of very little sleep for me and my 6 month old I decided to make her cry it out. I have said I will do this about a hundred times (with both kids) and never do it. It took me until my first baby was 1 to make her sleep through the night and until she was 2 to actually stay in her bed all night. I know, insanity. SO last night I decided that I could do it for real this time! I put my 6 month old to bed at 8 and she didn't make a peep (sigh). We watched a movie and at 1050 she started wailing (oh great, here we go). We went to bed and proceeded to listen to her wail (I mean seriously wail at the top of her lungs) for 1 hour. I was continuously saying "maybe I should give her a binkie, maybe I should go check on her", but I stuck to my guns and let her be. It paid off because she didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning! YAHOOOOO!! Success. We will see how the next few nights go but I am feeling pretty accomplished about the matter. Lots of my sisters and sister in laws do this and say it works and I never have had the guts to do it. It's sad people, listening to your baby just scream and knowing you could help her in 2 seconds, but I did it and I'm proud! I hope it pays off because I am in serious need of sleep and happy children! Good luck to all you moms out there who are trying to get there babies to sleep through the night. They should seriously come with that already programed in them... just saying. Oh and about teething, my baby LOVES chewing on pickles haha TRY IT!

Amy

No comments: