Thursday, May 26, 2011

Miss Helpful

So my 2 yr old is definitely Miss Helpful. She wants to help with everything. I shouldn't complain but goodness gracious it gets overwhelming sometimes. She will rip up paper just so she can get the broom out and sweep. She pushes the mop around, she unloads the dishes (this I actually like), she always wants to put the laundry into the wash, she helps me fold laundry (which means taking it out of the basket and throwing it at me). She is the cutest little stinker there is but sometimes it drives me totally bonkers. And when I say sometimes, I mean most always. She is a great big sister too. Any time my baby cries and I am not in the room I will come in to find my 2 yr old singing to her, giving her a toy, or trying shoving a bottle down her throat (all in kindness of course). She is such a sweet little girl and I love her so much. I started writing this blog out of frustration but as I think of all the silly and cute things she does daily it makes me so grateful to be her mom. She makes me so happy and crazy (let's be honest here) but I love her more than anything. Life as a mom can be stressful, thankless, insane, tiring, and so much more. But when I really think about it, I love it and I am so grateful to stay home and raise these beautiful girls. They are the most precious gift I could ever receive. I am truly a lucky woman! When in need, ramble about your crazy kids and turns out you will realize how much you love them even though they drive you crazy. Thanks Miss Helpful for letting me love you and looking out for your Mama! I sure do love you.

Amy

3 comments:

Whit said...

what a cute post Amy! It is so true even Maddux who is only one will drive me crazy sometimes and then I stop and think about it and I remember how stinkin adorable he is and that he is just trying to learn. Motherhood is hard but I love it so much. You have two kids though I am so excited for that but a little nervous. You are a great momma I can tell.

Mom's Opinion 101 said...

Thanks Whit, you are a great one also! Motherhood is definitely an adventure!

Laura said...

You are amazing and your girls are darling!