Monday, May 23, 2011

Aren't baths suppose to clean you?

The culprits and their filth
So I'm pretty sure that the purpose of a bath is to be cleaner exiting than when you entered. The other night my 2 yr old squirted one of her bath toys and this nasty black stuff came out. I drained out the yucky water and thought "Maybe I should clean these toys." Well tonight I finally got around to cleaning them. HOLY DISGUSTINGNESS of the nation!!! I filled the ducks with some cloroxy water (thinking clorox solves all my problems, right?) and started to squirt them out. WRONG! Only after a few squirts did I realize that it was completely useless and disgusting. My girls have been soaking in the tub with these filthy animals, SICK! I decided it would be better just to throw them away than continue cleaning them. Needless to say we won't be buying any bath toys that can get water inside.Wow I hope all of you have cleaner toys than me, because I was pretty shocked and disgusted. What have you found that works to clean your bath toys or do you just steer clear of these little germ breeders?

Amy

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I actually saw some news report about the harmful bacteria that can grow in bath toys. So disgusting! We've thrown away all of ours that could get water in them. I think it really is just best to stay away from them completely!

Karen F said...

Ughh! Hi ~ I am a new GFC blog follower from Stumble Upon - Stumble Through Thursday and stumbled your post!
You can find me at ~Mommy's Moments~ at http://www.avonbykaren.blogspot.com

Karen
~Mommy's Moments~
Reviews, Giveaways, Deals & Much More!

Fit2B Mama said...

We had to avoid giving my daughter baths because of her susceptibility to UTI's ... To this day we still hose off the kids before just letting them sit in their own filth.

Keenly Kristin said...

Egads!!! My kids are all teens, so this isn't an issue anymore...but I'm trying to think back to when they were little. I don't know if I ever ran into this, but I did used to wash all their toys in bleach regularly. Yeah, I'm that mom. LOL.

Stumbled you! Would love if you could stumble me back:
http://keenlykristin.com/2011/05/the-summer-of-kristin-has-begun/

Thanks for linking up!
Kristin :)

Mom's Opinion 101 said...

My kids are terrified of the shower otherwise I would rinse them off first, that is a good idea. It really is sick. I totally do the clorox thing too but these ones were way to far gone. I guess no more rubber duckies for us :(

NCSue said...

I just "stumbled" by from the hop, which is found on a page on my site that lists more than 200 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also just started a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, memes, and photo challenges. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
I hope you’ll visit me soon. I follow back!
NCSue