Sunday, May 22, 2011

On Time

The every day bag
The "church bag"
Getting to places on time with my kids looking cute (I'm a little OCD about hair being done with bows in tact), hopefully showered myself, and my diaper bag properly packed is quite the task. I have finally figured out a few tricks that you have probably been doing your whole mothering life but if not I thought I would share. Sundays are by far the most stressful day for me. (Every other day we chill in our pajamas eating bon bons and watching soaps.) Sundays we attend church and of course I want my kids looking extra nice as well as myself. I have realized that if I bathe them the night before that it is a HUGE time saver. As soon as they wake up I get them fed, ready, and plopped down in front of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (thank you DVR). This way I can know how much time I have to spend on myself. My number one tip for being on time though, is so easy it's pathetic that I just now figured it out, is to pack the diaper bag the night before. Genius, I know! Even more helpful is that I have officially designated a "church bag." It only goes to church, no where else. It keeps the same books and toys in it that never come out unless we are sitting in church and I stock it full of snacks, diapers, wipes, formula, and bottles the night before. Of course on days like today I still manage to forget the sippy cup of milk on the way out the door, which in this house really is a crime, but for the most part we always have what we need and have managed not to be late in months. So whatever events you have to make it to on time; school, church, playgroup, etc. get the diaper bag or "special" bag ready the night before and you will be ready to go! Totally a silly tip I know, but hopefully you have already been doing this and if not, start and I hope it will help!

Amy

4 comments:

JaCee said...

It is amazing how in desperate situations we finally realize the obvious. We do the church bag thing and the bath the night before, HUGE time saver! Glad I am not the only one still figuring out these things.

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Wahoo for the church bag, we totally do that too...my life saver is the "as Sydnee calls it" "the Jesus Book" that Liz made :) and of course I shove it full of snacks and other things too :) I however am not looking forward to upgrading the size of my bag when this next one comes because I feel like I have to take a suitcase full of things for my girls to do the first hour of church...We usually do the bath the night before on every other night but since we have the pleasure of waiting around until 130 to go to church a bath in the morning helps the morning go a little faster :) I hate waiting around for church to start and especially since we go right in the middle of nap time :) ahhh drama!!! Here's to being extra prepared and ready for what it to come :)

Mom's Opinion 101 said...

I use to bring the every day bag AND church bag. That way I could grab the every day bag to nurse my baby and leave the church bag with toys for the 2 yr old to continue to play with dad.

Whit said...

what a great idea! I didnt think of this either we are always dumping out the noisy toys in his diaper bag in a rush as we fly out the door to church this would be a much better idea thank you Amy

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com